OMAHA, Neb., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Union Pacific completed its 2013 submission of climate change data to CDP, illustrating concerted company efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
"This annual climate change response is an affirmation to customers, employees, shareholders and communities that environmental sustainability is a vital consideration in Union Pacific's business planning and practices," said Bob Grimaila, Union Pacific vice president – Safety, Security and Environment. "We appreciate the opportunity to share our progress on efforts to protect the environment today and for future generations."Union Pacific details in its fifth annual public disclosure to CDP the following key approaches to climate change:
- Managing infrastructure, equipment and operations through training and awareness to increase fuel efficiency.
- Pioneering technology that improves fuel efficiency, such as its UP 9000, an experimental locomotive operating in California to test three emissions-reducing technologies.
- Measuring data, gathering information, setting targets and monitoring achievements toward goals.
- Engaging with the public, shareholders, customers and employees through direct communications, disclosure and verification of Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, and the company's Carbon Emission Estimator.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV