ORLANDO, Fla., July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE:DRI) today announced two senior leadership appointments:
- Salli Setta will become President of Red Lobster. In her new role, she will lead all aspects of the iconic brand with more than 700 restaurants, 60,000 employees and $2.6 billion in annual sales.
- Dave Pickens will become the new Chief Restaurant Operations Officer for Darden. In this capacity, he will lead the Operations Leadership Team and ensure the successful implementation of various strategic operations initiatives that span the entire Darden enterprise and include further improving the guest experience.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20050203/FLTH026LOGO )
These appointments are effective Monday, July 15. Both Setta and Pickens will report to
Drew Madsen, Darden's President and Chief Operating Officer.
Since joining Red Lobster in 2005 as Executive Vice President of Marketing, Setta has led a comprehensive brand refresh. Under her leadership, Red Lobster has made extensive culinary changes, including introducing its Today's Fresh Fish menu, Wood Fire Grill cooking platform and Quick Catch Lunch program, and created and launched its well-received "Sea Food Differently" advertising campaign. She joined Darden in 1990 as a sales promotion assistant at Olive Garden and held positions of increasing responsibility during her 15-year tenure with the brand, including Vice President of Brand Marketing and Senior Vice President of Culinary and Beverage.
Darden's Chairman and CEO Clarence Otis commented: "Salli is yet another example of the extraordinary people in our company who, through a combination of individual passion and commitment, and a strong culture of disciplined leadership development, have progressed to a critical senior leadership role. She played an integral role in redefining Red Lobster and with her promotion to president she will accelerate efforts to fully bring all the recent brand enhancements to life. Salli is a proven leader who has demonstrated a unique ability to attract and develop talent during her 20-plus years with the company. Most importantly, with her deep understanding of Red Lobster's brand and guests, she is uniquely prepared to drive Red Lobster's future success."Pickens has spent more than 40 years with Darden. He began as a Red Lobster crew member in 1973, became a Management Trainee and progressed through various operations roles with increasing responsibility culminating in his role as a division Senior Vice President. He joined Olive Garden in 1995 as Senior Vice President of Operations for the Orlando division. He was promoted to Olive Garden's Executive Vice President of Operations in 1999 and then to President in 2004, a position he held until rejoining Red Lobster in 2011 as its President.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts