Coventry Health Care, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Aetna Inc. (NYSE: AET), announced today that the previously announced cash tender offer (the “Change of Control Offer”) for any and all of its outstanding 6.125 percent senior notes due 2015 (CUSIP No. 222862AF1) expired at 5:00 p.m. ET on July 8, 2013. After the expiration of the Change of Control Offer, Coventry accepted for purchase all of the securities that were validly tendered and not validly withdrawn prior to the expiration of the Change of Control Offer, representing a total aggregate principal amount of $13,000.
Payment for securities purchased pursuant to the Change of Control Offer was made to The Depository Trust Company, as registered holder of the securities, earlier today. U.S. Bank National Association served as paying agent for the Change of Control Offer.
This news release shall not be construed as an offer to purchase or a solicitation of an offer to purchase any of the securities or any other securities.
About AetnaAetna is one of the nation's leading diversified health care benefits companies, serving an estimated 44 million people with information and resources to help them make better informed decisions about their health care. Aetna offers a broad range of traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities, Medicaid health care management services, workers' compensation administrative services and health information technology services. Aetna’s customers include employer groups, individuals, college students, part-time and hourly workers, health plans, health care providers, governmental units, government-sponsored plans, labor groups and expatriates. For more information, see www.aetna.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV