SAN JOSE, Calif., July 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- LSI Corporation (Nasdaq:LSI) today announced the Axxia ® Mobile Broadband Solution, designed to meet the growing performance, integration and scalability demands of unified, multi-standard radio access networks in 4G/LTE wireless deployments. The new solution enhances the Axxia 3400 platform, allowing effective scaling across the needs of traditional macro base stations to small cell base stations. The Axxia 3400 platform is used in small cells that will be deployed by Verizon Wireless later this year and allows mobile network providers to add capacity in dense urban areas with high traffic while also providing best-in-class user experience including real-time services and mobile video.
The Axxia Mobile Broadband Solution combines the Axxia communication processor family with a suite of configurable software components and development tools for 3G and 4G/LTE protocol processing applications. The Axxia platform reduces OEM development investment while ensuring a highly interoperable and more easily serviced heterogeneous network.
"With the incredible growth of mobile broadband traffic, next-generation base stations require scalability, and providers need the ability to quickly densify network coverage in high traffic areas through the addition of small cells," said Noy Kucuk, vice president of marketing, Networking Solutions Group, LSI. "Axxia integrated hardware and software is becoming the product of choice for manufacturers looking to provide the scalability and flexibility needed for rapid network buildouts."The Axxia Mobile Broadband Solution software offers a number of benefits to network service providers including:
- Complete, production-ready software for accelerating transport and backhaul applications over LTE and WCDMA networks.
- Application development kit that supports Ethernet switching, OA&M, IPv4/IPv6, IPSEC, IEEE1588v2 PTP, GTP-u and Quality of Service features.
- Integrated system application development environment including compiler, simulator, debugger and analysis tools that allows for the addition of differentiating features.
- Common software/hardware platform that scales across all levels of base station applications, reducing costs of development and interoperability testing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV