Renter's Insurance Protects Your Assets
By Ellen Chang
NEW YORK (MainStreet)--Protecting your valuables and assets by purchasing renter's insurance could be a worthwhile investment and a way to minimize your risk financially.
Even apartment dwellers who have not amassed a large amount of furniture or expensive belongings should ensure they are protected against theft, accidents or other liabilities.
If the list of your current inventory of valuables is short and mostly limited to electronics such as your laptop, smart phone and TV or clothing, renter's insurance will protect you from any losses.Purchasing renter's insurance protects your belongings, because your landlord's insurance only covers the structure and liability exposure, said Bob Ketchum, East region product vice president for American Modern Insurance Group, based in Cincinnati. Not purchasing renter's insurance can you leave you exposed to a potential financial loss or setback, he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV