3 Stocks Pulling The Telecommunications Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, Telefonica Brasil S.A ( VIV) is down $0.43 (-2.0%) to $21.20 on average volume. Thus far, 496,387 shares of Telefonica Brasil S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $21.15-$21.43 after having opened the day at $21.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.63. Telefonica Brasil S.A. provides fixed-line telecommunications services to residential and commercial customers in Brazil. Telefonica Brasil S.A has a market cap of $24.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Telefonica Brasil S.A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica Brasil S.A as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Telefonica Brasil S.A Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts