3 Stocks Dragging The Industrial Industry Downward
1. As of noon trading, United Technologies ( UTX) is down $0.54 (-0.6%) to $97.48 on light volume. Thus far, 1.2 million shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $97.38-$98.10 after having opened the day at $98.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.02. United Technologies Corporation provides technology products and services to the building systems and aerospace industries worldwide. United Technologies has a market cap of $89.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 19.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 16 analysts that rate United Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates United Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full United Technologies Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the industrial industry could consider SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DIA) while those bearish on the industrial industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Industrials ( SIJ).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts