Xcel Energy has recently received recognition for its veteran hiring practices. Xcel Energy was named one of GI Jobs' Top 100 Military Friendly Employers for the last five years and won the Most Valuable Employer for Military by CivilianJobs.com.
Within the utility industry, Xcel Energy has worked to open channels to identify and recruit qualified veterans and plans to expand those efforts. The company partners with Troops to Energy Jobs, Military.com, Corporate Gray and Hire Veteran to reach potential candidates. Xcel Energy also offers orientation, training and leadership development programs to transition veterans into the workforce and retain them.
"We would welcome the opportunity to work with members of the Joint Economic Committee to develop other tools that would enhance our ability to hire and train veterans," said Fowke. "It's good for us, good for them, and good for our communities."
Xcel Energy complies with all requirements of the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act, as well as all state laws. In addition, the company supports its employees who are called to active duty with enhanced benefits.Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) is a major U.S. electricity and natural gas company with regulated operations in eight Western and Midwestern states. Xcel Energy provides a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity customers and 1.9 million natural gas customers through its regulated operating companies. Company headquarters are located in Minneapolis. Contact: Erin Mathe 414 Nicollet Mall Minneapolis, MN 612-330-1915 www.xcelenergy.com SOURCE Xcel Energy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV