Looking at the universe of stocks we cover at Dividend Channel, on 7/11/13, Nuveen AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund (NEA) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.0685, payable on 8/1/13. As a percentage of NEA's recent stock price of $12.53, this dividend works out to approximately 0.55%, so look for shares of Nuveen AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund to trade 0.55% lower — all else being equal — when NEA shares open for trading on 7/11/13.
Below is a dividend history chart for NEA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.0685 declared by Nuveen AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund:
In general, dividends are not always predictable; but looking at the history above can help in judging whether the most recent dividend from NEA is likely to continue, and whether the current estimated yield of 6.56% on annualized basis is a reasonable expectation of annual yield going forward. The chart below shows the one year performance of NEA shares, versus its 200 day moving average:Looking at the chart above, NEA's low point in its 52 week range is $12.01 per share, with $15.95 as the 52 week high point — that compares with a last trade of $12.53.
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, NEA makes up 3.24% of the CEF Municipal Income ETF (XMPT) which is trading relatively unchanged on the day Wednesday. According to Preferred Stock Channel, there is a series of preferred stock that is senior to NEA, which trades under the symbol NEA.PRC — more info ». In Wednesday trading, Nuveen AMT-Free Municipal Income Fund shares are currently off about 0.7% on the day.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV