CLEARWATER, Fla., July 10, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq:TECD) today announced it will offer a new generation of data protection solutions from EMC®, the world's largest backup provider, to Tech Data's channel of resellers. The array of solutions launched today by EMC include new EMC Data Domain protection storage systems, EMC Data Protection Suite software, and enhanced integration with leading backup and archive applications.
- Scalability and Performance: Data Domain® protection storage systems provide ten times the scalability and four times the performance of the previous generation of systems, enabling better consolidation of backup and archive workloads.
- Optimized Data Protection: Within virtual environments, EMC Avamar® 7 and EMC NetWorker® 8.1 deliver thirty times faster restores with changed block tracking support, VMware-centric management with a new vSphere web UI. Avamar 7 also provides instant access to allow a VM backup to be ready to use in less than two minutes.
- Enhanced Backup Efficiency: Deeper integration between Avamar and Data Domain systems, as well as native NetWorker snapshot management for EMC VMAX®, VNX® and RecoverPoint®.
- Enhanced Visibility for Application Owners: New integrations with enterprise applications deliver increased control and allow application owners to better protect critical business applications with direct backup support for Oracle Exadata, SAP and SAP HANA.
- Expanded Archive Support: Data Domain systems now support over twenty archive applications that provide file, email, SharePoint, content management, and database archiving.