There are currently no other vented cans available within the beer category in Canada and the intent was to provide beer drinkers with an enhanced experience while keeping it fun and functional. "This latest innovation was developed exclusively with Crown through extensive work and rigorous testing," said Mike MacDonald, Senior Packaging Scientist for Molson Coors. "The new cans are the result of several years and evolutions of our concepts and prototypes."
The new cans first became available in mid-June, while national distribution began Canada Day weekend, a public holiday celebrated on July 1. Both Molson Canadian and Coors Light will be sold in 473ml cans with an initial distribution of 50 million cans. 355ml cans featuring the Vented End inside 15-packs will be available in various Canadian provinces, including Ontario, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia in August.
About Molson Coors Brewing Company Molson Coors Brewing Company is a leading global brewer delivering extraordinary brands that delight the world's beer drinkers. It brews, markets and sells a portfolio of leading premium brands such as Coors Light, Molson Canadian, Carling, Blue Moon, and Keystone Light across The Americas, Europe and Asia. It operates in Canada through Molson Coors Canada; in the US through MillerCoors; and in the U.K., Ireland and in many Eastern European countries through Molson Coors Europe. Molson Coors is listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for North America. For more information on Molson Coors Brewing Company visit the company's website, www.molsoncoors.com.
About Crown Holdings, Inc. Crown Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a leading supplier of packaging products to consumer marketing companies around the world. World headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.crowncork.com.For more information, contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV