Citi Research, for example, upgraded HP to buy from sell early on Wednesday, citing potential for upside at the embattled tech giant. Catalysts for the stock include an uptick in HP's services business and the financial benefits of the firm's cost-cutting, according to Citi.
Shares of HP rose 2.67% to $26.15 before market open.
Sirius XM (SIRI) was also a winner as the Internet radio giant continues its recent momentum.Shares of Sirius climbed 0.7% to $3.62 before market open, after gaining 2.3% during Tuesday's trading. In a statement released early on Tuesday, Sirius announced that it added 715,000 net new subscribers during the second quarter, taking its total subscribers to more than 25 million. Sirius also raised its full-year guidance for total net subscriber additions to 1.5 million, from its previous guidance of 1.4 million. The New York-based firm was also one of Wednesday's most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 432,505. Social gamer Zynga (ZNGA) was another winner, climbing 2.1% to $3.41, while its partner Facebook (FB) rose 0.47% to $25.60. Shares of Vodafone (VOD), however, slipped 1.08% to $28.51 while Micron Technology (MU) was off 0.95% to $13.01 before market open. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV