The New York Times ( NYTimes.com) today launched a news app for Kindle Fire, which delivers the latest news and award-winning journalism of The New York Times, designed and formatted for optimal reading on Amazon’s Kindle Fire.
To mark the launch, The Times will offer free access to all 25+ sections of New York Times news, information and opinion, including videos, slide shows, interactive graphics and blogs through July 31.
Beginning in August, non-subscribers will be able to access up to three articles each day on The New York Times Kindle Fire app. Non-subscribers may also subscribe to The Times using their Amazon.com account. New York Times subscribers with Web + Tablet and All Digital Access digital subscriptions will have unlimited access to The Times on Kindle Fire as well as unlimited access to The New York Times Kindle Edition, which provides a representation of the daily newspaper.
Features include offline reading, cross-platform save, share options across social media and e-mail, as well as text-to-speech functionality, which can read articles and blogs aloud. Users can also dictate comments using Android’s native speech-to-text functionality.The Times app for Kindle Fire is available in the Amazon Appstore. To access all sections of the app after July 31, a NYTimes.com + Tablet Apps or All Digital Access digital subscription will be required. Details and pricing for these plans are available at www.NYTimes.com/Access. About The New York Times Company The New York Times Company (NYSE:NYT), a leading global, multimedia news and information company with 2012 revenues of $2.0 billion, includes The New York Times, the International Herald Tribune, The Boston Globe, NYTimes.com, BostonGlobe.com, Boston.com and related properties. The Company’s core purpose is to enhance society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV