URS Corporation (NYSE:URS) today announced that the Company has been awarded an indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity, multiple award contract by the Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Atlantic to execute global contingency construction projects worldwide. The maximum aggregate value of the contract to four awardees, including a one-year base period and four option years, is $800 million.
Under the terms of the contract, URS can compete for or be awarded task orders by the U.S. Navy on behalf of the Department of Defense, and other federal agencies when authorized, for construction and engineering services related to natural disasters, humanitarian assistance, conflict, or other projects with similar characteristics. In conjunction with construction efforts, URS may also be asked to provide initial base operating support services incidental to construction under specific task orders.
Gary V. Jandegian, President, Infrastructure & Environment for URS, said, “URS has a long history of supporting the military on major engineering and construction projects around the world. We are proud to have been selected for this assignment and to continue to play a role in the Navy’s contingency construction mission requirements.”
URS Corporation (NYSE: URS) is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; information technology; and decommissioning and closure services. URS provides services for federal, oil and gas, infrastructure, power, and industrial projects and programs. Headquartered in San Francisco, URS Corporation has more than 50,000 employees in a network of offices in nearly 50 countries ( www.urs.com ).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV