Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, together with BrightRoll, the largest independent video advertising platform, today announced that Rocket Fuel is leveraging the BrightRoll VideoRTB+ solution on Platform Equinix ™ to improve the ability of buyers to successfully bid on video ad inventory.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Earlier this year, BrightRoll launched VideoRTB+, the fastest real-time bidding (RTB) solution in the digital video advertising industry, which is available only inside Equinix data centers. BrightRoll worked with demand-side platform (DSP) leader Rocket Fuel to test changes in ad response rates using VideoRTB+ instead of a public network connection. The companies measured a significant improvement in the ability of buyers to successfully bid on video ad inventory—raising the successful bid rate by 48 percent.
- BrightRoll created the industry’s first ultra-low-latency video advertising solution by building on Equinix’s Ad-IX ™ platform instead of public networks for its ad exchange traffic. Doing so helped BrightRoll achieve impressive gains, including:
- 80 percent reduction in RTB network latency
- More than 10 percent reduction in average bid response time
- 48 percent increase in successful ad bid rates
- Revenue gain from higher transaction volumes on the exchange
- BrightRoll deployed its BrightRoll Exchange (BRX) in Equinix data centers to take advantage of the facilities’ broad range of direct connections to high-speed networks and advertising industry partners. Today, BrightRoll operates the world’s largest independent video advertising platform, powering digital video advertising for the world’s largest brands, including 90 percent of the top 50 U.S. advertisers and 17 of the top 20 advertising technology companies.
- Rocket Fuel delivers the only programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel’s Advertising That Learns ™ technology powered 894 advertisers in 2012, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets.
- The Equinix Ad-IX ecosystem enables efficiencies in the digital advertising market, which is evolving from traditional ad purchasing to include ad exchanges that help buyers match inventory to viewers in real-time.
- Tim Avila , vice president of product marketing, BrightRoll: “We’ve seen strong interest in VideoRTB+ among buyers on our platform. This joint offering with Equinix reinforces BrightRoll’s position as the most advanced real-time platform for video advertising buyers.”
- Abhinav Gupta, vice president of engineering, Rocket Fuel: “At Rocket Fuel, we harness the power of artificial intelligence to access and analyze data for more effective, targeted advertising. By being part of the Equinix advertising ecosystem, we are able to access more data with more time to process it, resulting in more efficient, useful and effective marketing.”
- Chris Sharp , general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix: “What BrightRoll has accomplished with Rocket Fuel is further proof of the value of the connected ecosystem on Platform Equinix. Through this offering, they’re delivering reduced latency, increased efficiency and greater predictability to their customers, three things every business is looking for today.”
- Case Study: Equinix and BrightRoll
- Press Release: BrightRoll and Equinix Introduce Fastest Real-time Bidding Solution
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts