(Nasdaq: EQIX), the global interconnection and data center company, together with
, the largest independent video advertising platform, today announced that
is leveraging the BrightRoll VideoRTB+ solution on Platform Equinix
to improve the ability of buyers to successfully bid on video ad inventory.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Earlier this year, BrightRoll launched VideoRTB+, the fastest real-time bidding (RTB) solution in the digital video advertising industry, which is available only inside Equinix data centers. BrightRoll worked with demand-side platform (DSP) leader Rocket Fuel to test changes in ad response rates using VideoRTB+ instead of a public network connection. The companies measured a significant improvement in the ability of buyers to successfully bid on video ad inventory—raising the successful bid rate by 48 percent.
- BrightRoll created the industry’s first ultra-low-latency video advertising solution by building on Equinix’s Ad-IX ™ platform instead of public networks for its ad exchange traffic. Doing so helped BrightRoll achieve impressive gains, including:
- 80 percent reduction in RTB network latency
- More than 10 percent reduction in average bid response time
- 48 percent increase in successful ad bid rates
- Revenue gain from higher transaction volumes on the exchange
- BrightRoll deployed its BrightRoll Exchange (BRX) in Equinix data centers to take advantage of the facilities’ broad range of direct connections to high-speed networks and advertising industry partners. Today, BrightRoll operates the world’s largest independent video advertising platform, powering digital video advertising for the world’s largest brands, including 90 percent of the top 50 U.S. advertisers and 17 of the top 20 advertising technology companies.
- Rocket Fuel delivers the only programmatic media-buying platform at big data scale that harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to improve marketing ROI. Rocket Fuel’s Advertising That Learns ™ technology powered 894 advertisers in 2012, and empowers media teams to focus on strategy, not spreadsheets.
- The Equinix Ad-IX ecosystem enables efficiencies in the digital advertising market, which is evolving from traditional ad purchasing to include ad exchanges that help buyers match inventory to viewers in real-time.
- Tim Avila , vice president of product marketing, BrightRoll: “We’ve seen strong interest in VideoRTB+ among buyers on our platform. This joint offering with Equinix reinforces BrightRoll’s position as the most advanced real-time platform for video advertising buyers.”
- Abhinav Gupta, vice president of engineering, Rocket Fuel: “At Rocket Fuel, we harness the power of artificial intelligence to access and analyze data for more effective, targeted advertising. By being part of the Equinix advertising ecosystem, we are able to access more data with more time to process it, resulting in more efficient, useful and effective marketing.”
- Chris Sharp , general manager, Cloud & Content, Equinix: “What BrightRoll has accomplished with Rocket Fuel is further proof of the value of the connected ecosystem on Platform Equinix. Through this offering, they’re delivering reduced latency, increased efficiency and greater predictability to their customers, three things every business is looking for today.”
BrightRoll is the largest independent video advertising platform for reaching audiences across web, mobile and connected TV. The company powers digital video advertising for the world’s largest brands including 90 percent of the top 50 US advertisers and 17 of the top 20 advertising technology companies. The platform enables advertisers to reach 4 in 5 video viewers online and consistently ranks among the top two video ad platforms in ads served. As a result, BrightRoll technology collects and analyzes hundreds of billions of data points monthly enabling real-time decisions that drive ROI for advertisers. To learn more, visit
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), connects more than 4,000 companies directly to their customers and partners inside the world’s most networked data centers. Today, businesses leverage the Equinix interconnection platform in 31 strategic markets across the Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from expectations discussed in such forward-looking statements. Factors that might cause such differences include, but are not limited to, the challenges of acquiring, operating and constructing IBX centers and developing, deploying and delivering Equinix services; unanticipated costs or difficulties relating to the integration of companies we have acquired or will acquire into Equinix; a failure to receive significant revenue from customers in recently built out or acquired data centers; failure to complete any financing arrangements contemplated from time to time; competition from existing and new competitors; the ability to generate sufficient cash flow or otherwise obtain funds to repay new or outstanding indebtedness; the loss or decline in business from our key customers; and other risks described from time to time in Equinix’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. In particular, see Equinix’s recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which are available upon request from Equinix. Equinix does not assume any obligation to update the forward-looking information contained in this press release.
Equinix and IBX are registered trademarks of Equinix, Inc. International Business Exchange is a trademark of Equinix, Inc.