United Parcel Service (UPS) ($89.73 vs. $87.43 on June 19) set a new multi-year high at $91.04 on Tuesday. My weekly value level is $85.14 with a monthly pivot at $91.05 and semiannual risky level at $96.32.
During my drive north and then south on I 95 in mid-June truck traffic was light to moderate. I saw less then ten Conway, JB Hunt and Old Dominion trucks combined. We usually see numerous FedEx and UPS trucks, but not in mid-June. In Tampa Bay we live off U.S. Highway 41 between state road 52 and 54. U.S. 41 was the major road from Atlanta down to Miami pre-Interstate 75, and is known as Tamiami Trail south of Tampa. CSX has a rail line along our stretch of the highway, and you rarely see a train on this track.
Book profits before the trains derail and the trucks get flat tires.
At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned.Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV