BARCELONA, Spain, July 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MicroStrategy ® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise software platforms, today unveiled a solution to further transform how people work. MicroStrategy's Mobile App Platform™ now integrates with Cisco's Unified Communications (UC) platform, providing real-time user presence, instant messaging, voice, and video-calling capabilities. MicroStrategy customers can now build custom business apps embedded with rich collaboration alongside their transactions, multimedia, and analytics. To view the MicroStrategy-Cisco UC integration in action, please visit: http://youtu.be/69HNPknfhEs.
"The MicroStrategy-Cisco technology partnership is a giant leap forward in business apps," said Hugh Owen, Vice President of Mobile, MicroStrategy Incorporated. "Other mobile app platforms fail to provide seamlessly integrated, enterprise-grade video collaboration. The collaboration capability is brought up on top of the information-driven app without interrupting the user's app experience or requiring a cross launch to a separate app. The user can pinch the video window to scale it to the user's preference, or send it to the background without ending the call. It's a tool for the business person of the future, available today."
"We are extremely excited about the unique mobile collaboration solutions that we now can bring to market with MicroStrategy," said Brian Dal Bello, General Manager of the Clients and Mobility Business Unit, Cisco. "The integration between MicroStrategy and Cisco technologies allows companies to integrate voice, video and instant messaging (IM) into any business app built on MicroStrategy's Mobile App Platform."
Cisco + MicroStrategy Mobile Showcases a Compelling Feature Set for All Mobile Business AppsThrough the integration with Cisco UC, MicroStrategy mobile app users will now be able to take the action of calling a colleague via an encrypted channel, right from the app. Additionally, this integration offers command and control applications through conferencing. This technology can improve operations in a number of ways. For example:
- Store managers can video call their peers at other stores on the other side of the world to discuss store performance while still interacting with their store performance information.
- Sales managers can video call their sales reps and analyze and discuss their performance without leaving their sales iPad app.
- Executives can call on employees to conduct face-to-face reviews backed up with each employee's performance information still at hand.
- Installation of required MicroStrategy software to connect to Cisco UC;
- Configuration of applicable MicroStrategy products with Cisco UC connectivity;
- Design and configuration of a custom prototype app for your organization based on your data, processes and systems; and
- A detailed application design document and a video recording of the app workflow, for easy sharing within your organization.