NYSE Euronext (NYX) today announced trading volumes for its global derivatives and cash equities exchanges for June 2013 1. Global derivatives average daily volume (“ADV”) of 8.7 million contracts, excluding Bclear in June 2013 increased 32.6% compared to June 2012 and increased 15.7% from May 2013. U.S. equity options volumes remained strong in June 2013 increasing 24.0% compared to June 2012 and increasing 3.3% sequentially. ADV in U.S. cash equities declined 2.2% year-over-year, but increased 18.6% month-over-month. European cash equities ADV in June 2013 decreased 9.1% compared to June 2012, but increased 8.0% from May 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext global derivatives ADV in June 2013 of 8.7 million contracts increased 32.6% from June 2012, and increased 15.7% from May 2013 levels.
- NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in June 2013 of 4.2 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 44.2% compared to June 2012, and increased 31.6% from May 2013 levels. Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV increased 3.7% compared to June 2012, and increased 21.4% from May 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 4.5 million contracts in June 2013 increased 24.0% compared to June 2012 levels, and increased 3.3% from May 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s U.S. options exchanges accounted for 27.5% of total U.S. consolidated equity options trading in June 2013, up from 25.6% in June 2012, and up from 27.2% in May 2013.
- NYSE Liffe U.S. ADV of approximately 96,400 contracts increased from 90,900 contracts in June 2012, and increased from 50,000 contracts in May 2013.
- NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.5 million transactions in June 2013 decreased 9.1% compared to June 2012, but increased 8.0% compared to May 2013.
- NYSE Euronext U.S. cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.8 billion shares in June 2013 decreased 2.2% compared to June 2012, but increased 18.6% compared to May 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in June 2013 was 32.4%, down slightly from 32.5% in June 2012, but up from 30.0% in May 2013.
- The preliminary average net revenue per transaction type (as defined below) for each of the primary trading venues in the second quarter of 2013 is included below:
|European Derivatives (ex. Bclear) 1||$0.674||$0.622||$0.61|
|U.S. Derivatives 2||$0.150||$0.150||$0.15|
|European Cash 3||$0.519||$0.620||$0.55|
|U.S. Cash 4||$0.043||$0.043||$0.04|
|1 Average net revenue per contract, excluding Bclear.|
|2 Average net revenue per contract. Excludes NYSE Liffe U.S. trading volume.|
|3 Average net revenue per transaction.|
|4 Average net revenue per 100 shares handled.|
- The average EUR/USD exchange rate for the second quarter of 2013 of $1.31 represented a decrease of 1.1% from the first quarter of 2013 and an increase of 1.7% compared to the second quarter of 2012. The average GBP/USD exchange rate for the second quarter of 2013 of $1.54 represented a decrease of 1.1% from the first quarter of 2013 and a decrease of 3.0% compared to the second quarter of 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV