ABILENE, Texas, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sam's Club will open a new club at 5550 South Clack St. in Abilene on Thursday, July 11, providing members with several expanded benefits and incredible savings on quality merchandise. Sam's Club has served the Abilene community since 1988, moving from its former location at 5301 S. 1st St.
"Sam's Club is committed to growing with the Abilene community, so this is a very special day," said club manager Nate Hobart. "We're going to be able to offer local businesses and families more products, services, savings and convenience than ever before."
The grand opening ceremony will take place at 8 a.m., Thursday, July 11. Local dignitaries, including Mayor Norm Archibald and the Abilene Chamber of Commerce Redcoat Committee, will be in attendance. The celebration will include a ribbon-cutting ceremony by Chamber members, joined by 16 Sam's Club associates who have been with the club for more than 20 years. In addition, former NFL linebacker and defensive end Charles Haley, who helped lead the Dallas Cowboys to Super Bowl championships in 1992, 1993 and 1995, will be at the club to sign autographs from 2-4:30 p.m. on Thursday.
Club to Employ 35 New AssociatesThe newly relocated Abilene Sam's Club brings new jobs with career opportunities to Abilene, and surrounding communities, employing more than 200 associates. The relocation adds 30 new jobs to the area."In addition to bringing convenience and savings to the area, Sam's Club makes job creation a priority," Hobart said. "Our entire team of associates – new and old – played an instrumental role in getting us to opening day."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV