Ciena Corporation (CIEN) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Ciena Corporation fell $0.22 (-1.1%) to $19.86 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,379,140 shares of Ciena Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,788,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $19.65-$20.16 after having opened the day at $20.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.08. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Elephant Talk Communications (ETAK), down 6.7%, Maxcom Telecomunicaciones S.A.B. de C.V (MXT), down 6.6%, Novatel Wireless (NVTL), down 5.9% and Trunkbow International Holdings (TBOW), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ciena Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about CIEN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV