MGIC Investment Corporation (MTG) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, MGIC Investment Corporation fell $0.12 (-1.9%) to $6.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,855,947 shares of MGIC Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,830,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.08-$6.39 after having opened the day at $6.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.31. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Broadway Financial (BYFC), down 13.0%, Carver Bancorp (CARV), down 10.9%, China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), down 7.5% and Roberts Realty Investors (RPI), down 7.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MTG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV