Vale SA (VALE): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
Vale (VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.21 (1.6%) to $12.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 13,359,391 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19,207,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $12.86-$13.09 after having opened the day at $12.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.70. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Avalon Rare Metals (AVL), up 16.4%, Tasman Metals (TAS), up 16.4%, Great Panther Silver (GPL), up 10.8% and Quaterra Resources (QMM), up 10.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV