Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Thermo Fisher Scientific rose $1.33 (1.6%) to $87.27 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,867,692 shares of Thermo Fisher Scientific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,872,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $86.25-$87.39 after having opened the day at $86.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.94. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: China Cord Blood (CO), up 9.4%, Health Management Associates (HMA), up 8.3%, Addus Homecare Corporation (ADUS), up 8.2% and Utah Medical Products (UTMD), up 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TMO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV