CHICAGO, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Allscripts (NASDAQ: MDRX) announced today that the North Shore-LIJ Health System has extended its relationship for managed IT services. The five-year extension builds on a long-standing partnership between the two companies and is expected to result in more than $400 million in incremental revenue to Allscripts over the life of the contract.
"Choosing the right partners is an important part of our commitment to deliver compassionate medical care in a safe and comfortable environment," said Michael J Dowling, President and Chief Executive Officer, North Shore-LIJ. "Allscripts has proven they have the expertise to help us cross the chasm to value-based care."
"At North Shore-LIJ, we are committed to using leading-edge technology as an accelerator to deliver the best patient care," said John L. Bosco, Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer at North Shore-LIJ. "Our investments in Allscripts, in both solutions and managed services, better enable caregivers to focus on what they need to – taking care of patients."
North Shore-LIJ plays a key role in meeting the health and wellness needs of millions of people throughout the New York metropolitan area, and in improving the technology and innovation that will help strengthen the quality of health care in the region. To support those efforts, Allscripts will collaborate with North Shore-LIJ in establishing an Innovation Lab to: accelerate technological advancements in Allscripts solutions and tools; collaborate with North Shore-LIJ physicians to create improved health-care technology solutions; and deliver solutions that can rapidly respond to changes in the region's health care markets.In addition to fully managing IT Services for North Shore-LIJ, Allscripts technology and solutions already deployed in the network include Sunrise Clinical Manager, Enterprise Electronic Health Record and Care Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV