In an update to its Apple (AAPL) iOS app, Yelp introduced Yelp Platform, which allows users to order food directly from a select number of restaurants. The service is powered by delivery.com and Eat24, and allows users to order food straight from the app either for delivery, or pickup.
"In the coming months, we'll add categories like spas, yoga studios, salons and dentist appointments starting with Booker, Intuit's Demandforce and MindBody," Yelp said on its blog. "Consumers can expect us to add more categories in the future."
The company noted that the iOS update is available immediately, but would be coming soon to Google's (GOOG) Android as well.Yelp has been the beneficiary of some strong momentum recently. Pacific Crest analyst Evan Wilson initiated coverage on the San Francisco-based Yelp, starting shares at "outperform" with a $40 price target. Wilson noted the company is poised to benefit from the coming boom in mobile advertising, with its 39 million user-based reviews. "The depth of its reviews is a very valuable commodity and difficult to replicate," Wilson wrote in the report. "Yelp's biggest innovation was combining a user review site with community features and a modern desktop and mobile interface." Shares have been aided by the strong growth the company has experienced, as more users take to the service and more features are added. First-quarter revenue rose 68% year-over-year to $46.1 million, as Yelp's active local business accounts climbed 63% compared to the prior year's quarter, reaching approximately 45,000. YELP data by YCharts
-- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV