On 7/11/13, OFG Bancorp's 7.125% Non-cumulative Monthly Income Preferred Stock, Series A (OFG.PRA) will trade ex-dividend, for its monthly dividend of $0.1484, payable on 7/31/13. As a percentage of OFG.PRA's recent share price of $25.12, this dividend works out to approximately 0.59%, so look for shares of OFG.PRA to trade 0.59% lower — all else being equal — when OFG.PRA shares open for trading on 7/11/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.09%, which compares to an average yield of 5.14% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, OFG.PRA was trading at a 0.48% premium to its liquidation preference amount, versus the average premium of 0.39% in the "Financial" category. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of OFG.PRA shares, versus OFG:
Below is a dividend history chart for OFG.PRA, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.1484 on OFG Bancorp's 7.125% Non-cumulative Monthly Income Preferred Stock, Series A:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV