Dell Cloud Client Computing today announced the release of version 6 of Dell Wyse WSM desktop and application virtualization software . This new release adds server streaming capability to help organizations harness the benefits of virtualization and cloud computing, while simplifying management and deployment processes and helping to reduce costs. By adding on-demand delivery of server OS images to Dell’s reliable and secure end-user computing portfolio, Dell Wyse WSM 6 offers another powerful computing alternative that helps organizations quickly stand up new servers where and when needed, and gives employees and students secured access to content regardless of location.
Dell Wyse WSM delivers operating systems and applications separately to stateless, diskless clients on demand, providing a manageable, reliable and scalable PC computing experience from the cloud. Unlike traditional VDI, Dell Wyse WSM enables the desktop OS and applications to execute locally on the client, giving that client the same look, performance, feel and function of a traditional desktop PC, but storing all OS, applications, and data in the datacenter. With no OS residing on the client, management, support and updates, including Windows XP and Windows 7 migrations, are done centrally and take considerably less time than with a traditional distributed environment.
In addition to powerful and secure desktop and application virtualization, Dell Wyse WSM 6 now also enables rapid and efficient server image delivery to physical or virtual machines. This new feature allows for more agile deployment, configuration and management of virtual servers than existing methods – processes that previously took hours are reduced to minutes.
Additional enhancements in Dell Wyse WSM 6 include:
- Dell Cloud Desktop BIOS central configuration: This feature increases efficiency by allowing for central configuration and management of the BIOS settings on pre-configured Dell Cloud Desktops from Dell Wyse WSM. Per-model and policy-based settings can be configured centrally on the Dell Wyse WSM server.
- Expanded platform support: Dell Wyse WSM now enables server and desktop streaming to Windows Server Hyper-V and VMware ESX 5.1 virtual machines and above.
- Shared storage support: Storage resources are optimized via shared support as servers no longer require their own dedicated storage.
- Enhanced Active Directory integration: For auditing and compliance needs, integration with Active Directory allows administrators to monitor and control access to Dell Wyse WSM administration through enhanced logging and auditing capabilities.
- 64-bit support: Dell Wyse WSM’s already extremely high-performance desktop and application virtualization is enhanced with support for demanding 64-bit applications.
- Partnership with CloudVolumes to virtualize server applications: Through the Dell Technology Partner Program, CloudVolumes virtualizes everything above the OS and instantly delivers server workloads, including applications, onto Dell Wyse WSM-streamed servers. Administrators can now change the identity and nature of a server instantly, enhancing flexibility, storage efficiency, and agility in server management. For more information, visit the blog here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV