Resensys' Technology Prevents Bridge And Building Collapses
While structural health monitoring is core to Resensys' product development, the company's sensors are now being used for a far wider range of applications, including utilities and aviation.
Resensys received a $75,000 Maryland Technology Transfer Fund award from the Maryland Technology Development Corporation in 2008. In 2009, the company won both a $165,000 Maryland Industrial Partnerships (MIPS) grant and $25,000 through the SAIC VentureAccelerator Competition. The company has also received Small Business Innovation Research grants from the National Science Foundation, a $100,000 Phase I in 2009, $500,000 Phase II in 2010, and $230,000 Phase II-B in 2013.
A portfolio company of the Maryland Technology Enterprise Institute (Mtech) Technology Advancement Program in the A. James Clark School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, Resensys is also an Mtech VentureAccelerator graduate and former UMD $75K Business Plan Competition winner.
The company has three patents pending.About Resensys ( www.resensys.com ) Founded in 2008, the mission of Resensys is to protect infrastructure systems against aging, structural malfunction, and collapse. Resensys offers a cost-effective and scalable solution for the real-time monitoring of important structural state quantities such as stress, strain, vibration, acceleration, tilt, inclination, deformation, temperature, humidity, etc. Resensys' solution is based on patent-pending Active RF Test (ART) technology, which incorporates novel sensing, energy harvesting, and wireless communication technologies into a small, wireless, and ultra-energy-efficient sensor. SOURCE Resensys LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV