THE WOODLANDS, Texas, July 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Repros Therapeutics Inc. ® (Nasdaq:RPRX) today announced the formation of an international, multi-disciplinary, clinical advisory board to help maximize the commercial opportunity for Androxal.
Management and the Board of Directors of Repros tasked Professor Mike Wyllie, Ph.D., DSc, Director of Repros, and Ron Wiehle, Ph.D., V.P. of Research and Development for Repros, to assemble a well-rounded and effective group of Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's) to begin the multi-disciplinary patient and physician education process that should have great utility for the Company independent of the eventual Androxal commercial strategy.
It has become increasingly obvious that hypogonadism affects many facets of daily living and impacts adversely on patients' quality of life. Correspondingly, treatment has evolved and now involves not just andrologists and urologists, but increasingly, endocrinologists. As with erectile dysfunction, it is anticipated that with the arrival of orally effective therapy, the management of hypogonadism will become the domain of primary care physicians. Primarily the urology and andrology disciplines are to be represented by KOL's at the inaugural advisory board to be held in October 2013, the members of which include:
- Trinity Bivalacqua, M.D., Ph.D. – Associate Professor of Urology and Oncology, John Hopkins University
- William Bremner, M.D., Ph.D. – Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, University of Washington
- John Dean, M.D. - Immediate past president of the International Society of Sexual Medicine (ISSM), Harley St, London, UK
- Andre Guay, M.D. – Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Lahey Clinic and Boston University
- Lawrence Hakim, M.D. – Urologist, Cleveland Clinic and incoming president of Sexual Medicine Society of North America
- Wayne Hellstrom, M.D., F.A.C.S. – Professor of Urology and Chief of Andrology, Tulane University, incoming President of ISSM
- Edward Kim, Ph.D. – Professor at University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine
- Larry Lipshultz, M.D. - Professor of Urology and Chief of the Division of Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery at the Baylor College of Medicine
- Andrew McCullough, M.D. - Professor of Urology/Division of Surgery, Albany Medical College: Urological Institute of North Eastern NY
- Martin Miner, M.D. – Primary Care Physician with specialties in Hypogonadism, Erectile Dysfunction, Men's Health Center, Miriam Hospital and member of Princeton Guidelines on Cardiovascular Risk committee
- David Rowland, Ph.D. – Professor of Psychology and Graduate Dean, Valparaiso University
- Allen Seftel, M.D. – Head of Division of Urology, Cooper University
- Myles Spar, M.D., M.P.H. – Internal Medicine, Director and Co-Director of Men's Clinic, Akasha Center