3 Stocks Pushing The Technology Sector Downward
1. As of noon trading, International Business Machines ( IBM) is down $3.43 (-1.8%) to $191.55 on average volume. Thus far, 2.7 million shares of International Business Machines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $191.08-$192.80 after having opened the day at $191.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $194.98. International Business Machines Corporation provides information technology (IT) products and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: Global Technology Services, Global Business Services, Software, Systems and Technology, and Global Financing. International Business Machines has a market cap of $216.1 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. Shares are up 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate International Business Machines a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates International Business Machines as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full International Business Machines Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the technology sector could consider Technology Select Sector SPDR ( XLK) while those bearish on the technology sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts