1. As of noon trading, Emerson Electric ( EMR) is up $0.91 (1.6%) to $57.63 on light volume. Thus far, 1.1 million shares of Emerson Electric exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $57.20-$57.63 after having opened the day at $57.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.72. Emerson Electric Co., a diversified technology company, engages in designing and supplying products and technology, and providing engineering services and solutions to the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets worldwide. Emerson Electric has a market cap of $40.6 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are up 7.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Emerson Electric a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Emerson Electric as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Emerson Electric Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG).
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts