- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 25.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $366.00 million to $461.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $706.00 million or 5.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.63%.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSCANADA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.00%. Regardless of TRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRP's net profit margin of 20.47% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- TRANSCANADA CORP has improved earnings per share by 26.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSCANADA CORP reported lower earnings of $1.84 versus $2.17 in the prior year.
- You can view the full TransCanada Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Latest Headlines about TRP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV