TransCanada (NYSE: TRP) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.10%. TransCanada Corporation operates as an energy infrastructure company in North America. The company operates in three segments: Natural Gas Pipelines, Oil Pipelines, and Energy. The company has a P/E ratio of 22.26 The average volume for TransCanada has been 580,700 shares per day over the past 30 days TransCanada has a market cap of $30.5 billion and is part of the utilities industry Shares are down 7.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday TheStreet Ratings rates TransCanada as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 25.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $366.00 million to $461.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $706.00 million or 5.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.63%.
- The gross profit margin for TRANSCANADA CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.00%. Regardless of TRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRP's net profit margin of 20.47% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- TRANSCANADA CORP has improved earnings per share by 26.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRANSCANADA CORP reported lower earnings of $1.84 versus $2.17 in the prior year.
- You can view the full TransCanada Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts