And then there are the sell councils. There was a truly straitjacketed coalition of Tesla (TSLA) bashers, I write as I watch its inclusion into the somewhat indexed- Nasdaq 100. They were convinced that it was a fraud or overhyped or just a phenomenon that would quickly dissipate and then disappoint.
It hasn't happened, and the council's been splintered.
But these are rarities, and the guilds don't take lightly to them.
Keep it in mind when you buy Google today, something that everyone has to do and accept, that at a certain point the council will pull its buys, way too late, of course. But in the interim, if you don't own Google for this quarter, you will have a lot of explaining to do because the council's a mean taskmaster when it is united and it, of course, must be obeyed.Oh, and here's the clincher. I like Google, too. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, is long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV