Tesla will be joining the Nasdaq 100 Index, as well as the Nasdaq 100 Equal Weighted Index prior to the beginning of trading on July 15, 2013. Tesla will replace Oracle (ORCL), which is moving to the New York Stock Exchange.
Oracle shares were lower following the announcement, off 0.46% to trade at $31.50.
Tesla had no comment on the inclusion of the company's stock on the Nasdaq indices.
Amazon (AMZN) shares were lower, off 0.29% to $289.74 as rumors suggest the company will refresh its Kindle Fire tablet lineup later this year. Tech Web site BGR reports that Amazon will refresh the Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and 8.9-inch version of the Kindle Fire HD perhaps as soon as September. All of the tablets will reportedly see increases in resolutions, as well as a complete redesign of the hardware itself.
BlackBerry (BBRY) shares gained 2.2% to $9.76 as the company holds its annual shareholder meeting in Waterloo, Ontario. So far, shareholders have re-elected all directors of the company and have approved the name change to BlackBerry. BlackBerry changed its name from Research In Motion to BlackBerry at a January event, unveiling the BlackBerry 10 operating system. The company has also said that it will "explore all options for partnerships." In addition, CEO Thorsten Heins has announced that 19,000 institutions have installed BES10 server software, up from 18,000, which the company announced on its most recent earnings call. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV