The law firm of Wohl & Fruchter LLP is investigating the proposed acquisition of Harris Teeter Supermarkets, Inc. (Harris Teeter) (NYSE: HTSI) by The Kroger Co. (Kroger).
On July 9, 2013, Harris Teeter announced that Kroger will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Harris Teeter for $49.38 per share in cash. The acquisition price is a premium of less than 2% over the closing price of HTSI stock on July 8, 2013.
Kroger stated that Harris Teeter will continue to be led by its top management.
Wohl & Fruchter’s investigation concerns the potential unfairness of the consideration being provided to Harris Teeter shareholders, and the terms of the acquisition, and whether the transaction was motivated by conflicts of interest.Additional information is available at http://www.wohlfruchter.com/cases/htsi. Persons with relevant information, and Harris Teeter shareholders with questions about this investigation, are invited to contact our Firm by calling 866.582.8140, or contacting the attorney below. About Wohl & Fruchter Wohl & Fruchter LLP represents plaintiffs in litigation arising from fraud and other fiduciary breaches by corporate managers, as well as other complex litigation matters. Please visit our website, www.wohlfruchter.com, to learn more about our Firm, or contact one of our partners. Contact: J. Elazar Fruchter ( email@example.com)845.425.4658Wohl & Fruchter LLP570 Lexington AvenueNew York, NY 10022 www.wohlfruchter.com This release may be deemed to constitute attorney advertising.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV