In the U.S., demand for convenience is greatest among Millennials and Boomers – the two demographic groups projected to lead population growth over the balance of the current decade. Among General Mills new convenient meal options in the U.S. are:
- Ultimate Helper premium dinner kits
- Old El Paso Mexican Cooking Sauces, Old El Paso Frozen Entrees and Old El Paso Stand 'N Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- Progresso Heart Healthy soups
Convenience is also increasingly important to the rising number of middle class consumers in global emerging markets who also want meals that please the whole family. Convenient meals launching across the company's global portfolio include:
- Yoki Kit Facil dinner kits in Brazil
- New regional flavor varieties of Wanchai Ferry dumplings in China
- Old El Paso One Pan Rice Meals in Europe, Australia and New Zealand
Indulgence with high-quality ingredients
While convenience, value and health are increasingly important to consumers, equally important are great taste and high-quality ingredients. This summer General Mills will introduce a number of products for consumers looking for the indulgent taste of chocolate, including:
- Betty Crocker and Hershey fans will get to experience a new line of cookie mixes, cupcake mixes and frostings made with iconic flavors consumers know and love, including Hershey's, Reese's and Almond Joy. These products will roll out nationally in the U.S. in July.
- Betty Crocker Caramel Brownie, available exclusively at convenience stores in the U.S.
- Pint-sized Haagen-Dazs Secret Sensation ice cream in Europe