NEW YORK, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today General Mills executives will share the company's new product innovation plans during General Mills annual Investor Day meeting at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
"Product innovation is the fuel that creates category growth," said Ken Powell, chairman and CEO of General Mills. "We have a robust new product plan, with more than 200 new items being introduced worldwide in the first half of the year alone."
New products from General Mills have already begun flowing into the global marketplace this summer, such as Vanilla Chex cereal and Nature Valley Soft-Baked Oatmeal Squares in the U.S., Liberte Greek yogurt in the UK, Yoki Kit Facil convenient dinner kits in Brazil, and pint-sized Haagen-Dazs Secret Sensations ice cream in Europe.Around the world, General Mills is responding to consumer demands for taste, health and convenience at a good value. Several consumer trends are driving General Mills' new product development for the first half of this fiscal year: Mini-meals to maintain energy As consumers eat more snacks and mini-meals throughout the day, they are seeking ingredients such as protein or fiber in convenient, portable foods to fill them up and give them energy. In 2012, snacking made up 53 percent of all eating occasions in the U.S., up from 49 percent of all occasions in 2010.* In the first half of fiscal 2014, General Mills will launch a number of convenient, great-tasting options that deliver protein or fiber, including:
- Nature Valley Protein Granola cereal in the U.S.
- Nature Valley Greek Yogurt Protein bars in the U.S.
- Fiber One Protein Peanut Butter bars in the U.S.
- Fiber One 90 Calorie Lemon Bars and Fiber One 90 Calorie Cinnamon Coffee Cake bars in the U.S.
- New Yoplait Greek yogurt and Yoplait Greek 100 multipacks in the U.S.
- Go-Gurt Protein in the U.S.
- LARABAR ALT bars in the U.S.
- Yoplait Yopa! yogurt in Canada
- Liberte Greek yogurt in the UK
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts