Fifth Third Bancorp (Nasdaq: FITB) and NextJob, a nationwide reemployment solutions company, have created a groundbreaking program to help Bank customers find jobs. Following on the heels of their innovative homeowner reemployment initiative launched earlier this year, the companies today announced that Fifth Third customers who bank online at www.53.com can access the Job Seeker’s Toolkit for free.
Steven Alonso, executive vice president, Consumer Bank, Fifth Third Bancorp (Photo: Business Wire)
The Job Seeker’s Toolkit is NextJob’s exclusive and proprietary online job search software. It is a web-based, multi-media program that facilitates interactive learning through nine job search modules. The Bank is offering the toolkit at no charge to its Internet banking customers, including checking and savings account holders and those with other types of borrowing or investment relationships with the Company.
“Our relationship with NextJob continues to provide unique benefits for our customers,” said Steven Alonso, executive vice president and head of the Consumer Bank, Fifth Third Bancorp. “Our homeowner reemployment initiative is an outreach effort to distressed mortgage borrowers to help them find their next career and avoid foreclosure. Now, this phase II effort enables us to offer a key component of that homeowner reemployment program—the online job search assistance—to a much broader audience, and therefore, help more people gain financial security.”
The Job Seeker’s Toolkit is a customized program that includes video interviews with job search experts, job seekers and hiring managers thereby providing learning examples from real-life hiring experiences. All aspects of a successful job search are included:
- Creating an effective resume, compelling cover letters and a detailed marketing plan
- Best job board aggregators and leads
- Networking and the hidden job market
- Interview training and preparation
- Assessing career direction and transferable skills
- Follow-up to support success in the new job
- Building a 30-second commercial
- Developing a personal brand
- Learning the latest techniques to use social media effectively to find and land jobs