Shares of Sirius climbed 1.72% to $3.54. The Internet radio giant was also one of the most active pre-market Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 1,423,446.
In a statement released early on Tuesday, Sirius announced that it added 715,000 net new subscribers during the second quarter, taking its total subscribers to more than 25 million. The growth was helped by strong automotive sales, according to the New York-based firm.
Sirius also raised its full-year guidance for total net subscriber additions to 1.5 million, from its previous guidance of 1.4 million.Facebook (FB) was another gainer, rising 0.77% to $24.90, while Tesla (TSLA) climbed 2.99% to $125.25, boosted by news that the electric car maker is joining the Nasdaq 100. BlackBerry (BBRY) shares were up 1.05% to $9.65, while Kandi Technologies (KNDI) gained 6% to $5.65. Shares of IBM (IBM), however, slipped 1.42% to $192.21 after the tech heavyweight received a downgrade from Goldman Sachs (GS). --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV