Kohl’s Department Stores (NYSE: KSS) announced a $1.5 million donation over three years to the Zoological Society of Milwaukee County to continue the Kohl’s Wild Theater program at the Milwaukee County Zoo - a live, interactive, participatory theater that uses drama, puppetry and songs to bring conservation messages to children and families. The funding will allow Kohl’s Wild Theater to expand its show repertoire to include a total of 15 unique shows, add new puppets for stage and exhibit performances, and make improvements to the stage and theater area at the zoo, including a raised stage floor, shaded stage area and a theater green room for the cast. The donation comes from the Kohl’s Cares ® cause merchandise program, which sells special merchandise, including plush toys and books, and donates 100 percent of the net profit to benefit children’s health and education initiatives nationwide.
Recognized as one of the country’s finest zoological attractions, the Milwaukee County Zoo serves more than 1.3 million people each year. Through an initial $1 million donation from Kohl’s Cares in 2010, the Kohl’s Wild Theater program was created and has quickly grown to become the country’s largest zoo theater program. Kohl’s Wild Theater performances are free with admission to all zoo attendees. Performing teams also travel to schools and local community events at no charge.
“Kohl’s is proud to continue our partnership with the Zoological Society of Milwaukee County to bring lessons about conservation, wildlife and natural animal habitats to life for Wisconsin kids,” said Kevin Mansell, Kohl’s chairman, president and chief executive officer. “The Milwaukee County Zoo is a well-known family destination in our hometown community, and at Kohl’s we share their commitment to enriching the lives of area children and families through educational programming like Kohl’s Wild Theater.”
The Kohl’s Wild Theater program consists of two main components:
- Kohl’s Wild Theater: Located in the children’s area of the zoo, Kohl’s Wild Theater hosts performances focused on conservation and the importance of caring for the animals and the environment. Zoo performances take place during the summer months.
- Kohl’s Wild Theater Performances in the Community: The program features a year-round community outreach program, where Kohl’s Wild Theater performers travel into the community to present 30- to 45-minute performances at various venues, including schools, libraries, community centers and major special events.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts