QlikTech (NASDAQ: QLIK), a leader in Business Discovery – user-driven Business Intelligence (BI), today announced that the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network is using the QlikView Business Discovery platform to consolidate data and improve the performance of the clinical research it supports. The platform is being used to harness existing study data so more educated decisions can be made about the placement and management of studies, based on key factors such as patient populations and clinical expertise. Available on mobile devices, this information can then be shared to evidence the improved performance of clinical research in the NHS.
The Clinical Research Network is part of the National Institute for Health Research and is the "research delivery arm" for the NHS in England. With over 630,000 people recruited to studies supported by the Network in 2012-2013 alone, it is a task that generates huge amounts of data. All study performance data can now be viewed within the Open Data Platform (ODP), a solution built upon QlikView technology, where it is analyzed so the Clinical Research Network can ensure research studies are being delivered as efficiently as possible, meeting time and target criteria set out for each study.
After having to dedicate significant man hours getting insight out of a number of unwieldy databases, the Clinical Research Network now has the ability to get a full view of study metrics in one central, easily accessible location. Staff can save time, but still better understand the resources they have available when making logistical decisions. For example, by pulling all of the Clinical Research Network's study data together, the ODP on QlikView can show where trained diabetes nurses are based and then this information is used by the team to recommend the most appropriate location for running effective diabetes research in the NHS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV