NEW YORK, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MFC Industrial Ltd (NYSE: MIL) ("MFC" or the "Company") is pleased to announce the following details with respect to its third quarter 2013 cash dividend payment:
- The dividend payment of $0.06 (U.S. dollars) per common share will be paid on July 30, 2013 to shareholders of record on July 19, 2013.
- For the above payment, the Company's common shares will trade ex-dividend on July 17, 2013.
- The dividend is subject to customary Canadian withholding tax for non-resident shareholders. Pursuant to applicable tax treaties the withholding rate for eligible U.S. resident shareholders is 15%. The dividend is an eligible dividend under the Income Tax Act ( Canada).
The Company currently anticipates that the final quarterly dividend payment of $0.06 per share will be made in October 2013. The declaration, timing and payment of future dividends will depend on, among other things, the Company's financial results.
About MFC Industrial Ltd.
MFC is a global commodity supply chain company and is active in a broad spectrum of activities, including its integrated commodities operations, mineral and hydrocarbon interests, which focus on metals, energy, chemicals, plastics and wood products. MFC also provides logistics, financial and risk management services to producers and consumers of commodities. Our global business activities are supported by our captive commodities sources through strategic direct or indirect investments and other commodities sources secured by us from third parties.To obtain further information on the company, please visit our website at www.mfcindustrial.com. Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information This document contains statements which are, or may be deemed to be, "forward-looking statements" which are prospective in nature. Forward-looking statements are not based on historical facts, but rather on current expectations and projections about future events, and are therefore subject to risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from the future results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking words such as "plans", "expects", "estimates", "intends", "anticipates" "believes", or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "should", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved. Such statements are qualified in their entirety by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the Company's actual results, revenues, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause the Company's actual results, revenues, performance or achievements to differ materially from expectations include, among other things: general business and economic conditions globally, commodities price volatility, industry trends, competition, inability to successfully integrate acquired business and/or companies, incurring and/or experiencing unanticipated costs and/or delays or difficulties relating to the integration of acquired businesses and other factors beyond the Company's control. Such forward-looking statements should therefore be construed in light of such factors. Other than in accordance with its legal or regulatory obligations, the Company is not under any obligation and the Company expressly disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional information about these and other assumptions, risks and uncertainties are set out in the Company's MD&A for the three months ended March 31, 2013, which has been filed with Canadian securities regulators and filed on Form 6-K with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. SOURCE MFC Industrial Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV