WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Krispy Kreme® is having a birthday, isn't it great! We're planning a party, we just can't wait. All of our friends will be there, and plenty of doughnuts too. Don't miss the celebration . We're saving a spot just for you. In celebration of 76 years of delicious melt-in-your mouth treats, on Saturday, July 13, Krispy Kreme is offering a dozen of its signature Original Glazed® doughnuts for 76 cents with the purchase of an Original Glazed dozen at regular price. No coupon required. Offer available at participating Krispy Kreme US and Canadian locations. Excludes Connecticut and Puerto Rico. Krispy Kreme is celebrating its 76 th birthday in 70's style with a groovy new Facebook photo app. Make and share your own Far Out Photo at KrispyKreme.com/76th .
Since 1937, Krispy Kreme's most famous and best-selling product has been the hot, glazed, yeast-raised doughnut known as The Original Glazed. "When you hear people talk about having a 'Krispy Kreme', they are most often referring to our signature treat- the Original Glazed doughnut," says Dwayne Chambers, chief marketing officer for Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation. "Made from a recipe dating back to the 1930's, our uniquely delicious Original Glazed doughnuts help set Krispy Kreme apart from any other sweet treat retailer. We're excited to celebrate 76 years of sharing delicious tastes and creating fond memories by giving our fans an opportunity to try and share the doughnut that has become famous worldwide."
Krispy Kreme fun facts:
- Vernon Rudolph rented a building in what is now historic Old Salem in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, and began selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts to local grocery stores on July 13, 1937. The delicious scent of cooking doughnuts drifted into the streets, and passers-by stopped to ask if they could buy hot doughnuts. So, he cut a hole in an outside wall and started selling hot Original Glazed doughnuts directly to customers on the sidewalk. The rest is history.
- A typical Krispy Kreme store produces more than 3,000 doughnuts per hour, but larger stores can produce up to 12,000 doughnuts per hour.
- Hot Doughnuts Now®: A beacon of golden delicious tastes, when lit, the Hot Doughnuts Now® sign announces to elated doughnut fans that Krispy Kreme Original Glazed doughnuts can be purchased hot off the line. Get the app at HotLightApp.com.
*Offer good on July 13, 2013 only. Purchase one dozen Original Glazed doughnuts at regular price and get one dozen Original Glazed doughnuts for 76cents at participating Krispy Kreme US and Canadian shops. While supplies last. May not be combined with other offers. Not redeemable at grocery or convenience stores.Celebrate 76 years of Krispy Kreme at KrispyKreme.com/76th, KrispyKreme.com, Facebook, foursquare and #CelebrateKrispyKreme on Twitter. About Krispy KremeKrispy Kreme is an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats, including its signature Original Glazed(R) doughnut. Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the Company has offered the highest-quality doughnuts and great-tasting coffee since it was founded in 1937. Krispy Kreme is proud of its Fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds. Today, Krispy Kreme can be found at over 740 locations in 22 countries around the world and approximately 10,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Visit us at www.KrispyKreme.com. SOURCE Krispy Kreme Doughnut Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts