Enterprise Launches Multi-Year Study On Green Housing And Resident Health
NEW YORK, July 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Enterprise Community Partners, Inc. (Enterprise), a national leader in affordable housing, is conducting a longitudinal study designed to explore improvements in objective and self-reported health parameters, overall quality of life and healthcare use among residents of affordable apartment buildings that receive green renovations. The seven-year study will be funded by The JPB Foundation, the Kresge Foundation, and Wells Fargo, and Mount Sinai School of Medicine will provide technical assistance.
"Enterprise's health study is a crucial step toward understanding the linkages between green affordable housing and people's health," said Terri Ludwig, president and CEO of Enterprise Community Partners. "We will learn more about what we're already seeing in our work, that integrating healthy building practices in developing and preserving affordable housing generates important social and economic benefits."
The study will be important in quantifying and clarifying the benefits of the Enterprise Green Communities Criteria, the first national framework for creating and preserving green affordable housing. Data showing significant improvements in health leading to a reduction in healthcare expenses through Medicaid and other programs could deeply impact policymakers' financial calculus as they craft public housing policies for years to come.
"We believe that 'green' buildings are healthier and more efficient for our communities," said
Stephanie Rico, Wells Fargo Environmental Affairs vice president. "Our goal is to understand and measure the full impact of these benefits so that we can make smarter investment decisions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV