The Digital Skeptic: Justin Timberlake Is Just Getting By
Sales Mr. Timberlake will never, ever touch.
In its debut week, The 20/20 Experience did a Whitney-like 980,000 in disc sales. But by week four, music industry news service Digital Music News said just 97,696 units moved. It's not just that it was a 89.9% drop in less than 30 days. Houston's sales for "The Bodyguard" are simply out of reach.
Album sales just "isn't a high that lasts very long anymore," wrote Digital Music News' Paul Resnikoff.
Not the living it used to be
Now comes the tantalizing question: What's JT's actual cut of the The 20/20 Experience action? That's like asking how Google (GOOG) searches the Web or how FICO calculates your credit score. I literally got mocked by industry insiders when I tried to find out. But in this Internet age, there are no secrets. Anybody can put together a reasonable guess.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV