MONTRÉAL, July 8, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today it is donating $50,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to help relief efforts following the train explosion in Lac-Mégantic
"We are saddened by the devastation caused by the train explosion," said Sylvain Vinet, CIBC's Region Head for Québec. "The community needs our assistance to cope with this tragedy and rebuild the town. We are joining our clients, employees and others across the country to support the relief efforts of the Canadian Red Cross in caring for those impacted and supporting the long term recovery"
CIBC's branches across the country will also be joining in the relief effort by collecting donations for the Canadian Red Cross.
About CIBCCIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of employees. With a strategic focus on Kids, Cures and Community, and employee commitment to causes including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, the CIBC Children's Foundation and United Way, we are investing in the social and economic development of communities across the country. In 2012, CIBC group of companies contributed more than $38 million to charitable and non-profit initiatives in Canada to support national, regional and local organizations. To learn more, visit www.cibc.com. SOURCE CIBC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV