Lyft is similar to Sidecar in that it allows users to find local drivers and hitch a ride. The app is currently available in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago and Boston. Lyft drivers are not only background checked, but they are also "personality screened." Hopefully they'll pick you up in a car with personality.
There are three steps to "prepare for Lyft off." Log onto Facebook, which allows Lyft to verify who you are. Then set your pickup location and request a ride. Once you're done with the ordeal, make a "donation." It should be more than the cost of gas, be nice.Lyft has raised $82.5 million in venture financing. Investors include VC giant Andreessen Horowitz, which provided $60 million of capital in May. Founders Fund, K9 Ventures, Floodgate and Mayfield Fund participated in previous rounds. This free app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 5.0 or later. It's also available on Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV