Like Uber, Sidecar lets you hail a car. However, it's not a professional chauffeur that shows up at your door. Sidecar lets you match with a "regular everyday driver" to hitch a ride with people nearby. You still have to pay them, but only "what you think is fair."
Sidecar is essentially modern-day hitchhiking. However, it does background checks and lets riders and drivers rate each other. Users can link the app to their Facebook (FB) for extra verification information. If you're lucky, you'll not only get to where you need to go, you'll make a new friend.Sidecar has raised $10 million in venture capital so far. Notable investors include SV Angel, Google Ventures and Lerer Ventures. Former Zynga CEO Mark Pincus is also an investor. This free app is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, but requires iOS 5.0 or later. It is also available for Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV