2. A creative solution for some people could be to replace the BlackBerry with a Chromebook! No, I have not gone crazy. Hear me out on this:
Let's say your primary phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4, which in my opinion is the first all-touchscreen smartphone with a good keyboard. You can respond to emails with a sentence or two on that one.
For longer emails, a laptop didn't use to be an option. It took a minute or more to boot up, and then you needed to connect it to WiFi. For swift action, it was a non-starter.
Now, however, Google's Chromebooks have changed this equation. You can carry a 2.4 lbs Chromebook, and you can have a Chromebook with integrated cellular data connectivity. You fire it up in 10 seconds or less, and then you're connected without any time-consuming bureaucracy.So you now have an awesome laptop, up and running -- including connected positively everywhere -- almost instantly. In an unexpected way, it has replaced much of my BlackBerry needs. Google needs to advertise this! It's a shame that the new BlackBerry Q10, which has so many great things going for it, misses some of the necessary basics -- at least in my testing. Why doesn't BlackBerry make an Android version of this wonderful hardware? At the time of publication the author was long GOOG and AAPL, and short MSFT. Follow @antonwahlman This article was written by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV