Trinity Industries Inc. (TRN): Today's Featured Transportation Laggard
Trinity Industries (TRN) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries fell $1.13 (-3.1%) to $35.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,102,128 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,126,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.33-$36.94 after having opened the day at $36.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.89. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Seanergy Maritime Holdings (SHIP), down 6.1%, DHT Holdings (DHT), down 3.6%, StealthGas (GASS), down 3.4% and FreeSeas (FREE), down 3.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV